lips need lipstick

February 25, 2011

SO TRUE: Jennifer Aniston not looking herself for Allure Magazine

For a split second I thought it was Lauren Conrad (of The Hills fame) on the cover of the Feb issue of my beauty bible. I was SO wrong. Once my brain processed the letters J-E-N-N-I-F-E-R I felt pretty ashamed for making the mental mishap because I’m an LC fan. But it’s not the cover that raised the most questions for me; it was the editorial shots of Aniston sporting an overly airbrushed complexion (why?), blue eyes (last time I checked hers were naturally brown) again, why? Frosty lips paired with uneven clip-on beach blonde bangs (why, why, why?). It’s more the making of a Victoria Secret model than the satisfyingly beautiful JA we’ve routed for all these years. It’s pretty typical of Jen to push aside her girl-next-door image and go edgier for editorial shoots but I’m sure being recognised would be part of her publicity plan- wouldn’t it? Word on the web is that the shoot was based on a 1960s photograph of Brigitte Bardot- Are you feeling it? I’m not.
To offend LnL’s delicate view of her even more, I read that she said that ‘The Rachel’ (her layered cut named after her Friends character) was the ugliest haircut she’s ever seen, GASP! Her judgments questionable right now but she might just have what it takes to win LnL over with the new angled bob she’s been sporting while promoting her new- you guessed it- Romcom.
Do you think Jen looks her best for this shoot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment