lips need lipstick

February 14, 2011

If You Love Looking...soft and radiant


Opt for a minimalist look for your night out this V-day. I promise less is supremely more with hints of make-up on just the right places that will make you look lit from within. Normally I'm all for a red lip or statement eyes but I'm prompting you to bag those looks for one night and trust that LnL's got you covered when it comes to looking effortlessly elegant.

After moisturising your skin (I'm currently using Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Crème for Normal & Combination Skin) and applying a light veil of foundation or tinted moisturiser (I'm pro sheer coverage so I use Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector in Champagne Shimmer just to even out my skin tone); whip out products like these to make you glow. Your prince charming will be, well, charmed.

Face: MAC Strobe Cream is a make-up bag must. Use it all over before applying foundation or stick to particular spots if you have an oily t-zone like I do. I tend to pat it on my brow bone, the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow and most importantly directly onto my cheekbone to accentuate the colour of my blush and the apples of my cheeks. It leaves you with a naturally dewy finish that every woman covets.
Eyes: Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener makes the darkness under my eyes less obvious and I like how much brighter my eyes look after I've applied it. You literally need a drop of this pearlescent liquid to brighten your peepers. I wear it on its own but it will work well as a base for your concealer to minimise dark circles. Finish by lining eyes (top and bottom) with brown eyeliner and two coats of mascara.
Cheeks: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. Blush is not given its due when it comes to making you look youthful and fresh. Your perfect shade is similar to the colour your cheeks turn when you're flushed. I love the natural finish a cream blush gives because it melts into the skin. Blend colour on the roundest area of your cheek and smooth out towards your hairline.
Lips: Revlon Crème Gloss in Sassy Mauve is heaven sent. It matches my lip colour perfectly and I love that it has the feel of a lip balm but has the impact of a silky lipstick



No comments:

Post a Comment