lips need lipstick

February 25, 2011

I’m Crushing on Orange Lips


Whether you want to or not you’re going to be smacking your lips together contemplating a bright lip colour this year. You can run but you can’t really hide from this year’s statement lips. Don’t escape, embrace, is what I say. My money’s on the tangerine hue that helped up the sun-kissed factor of my skin for summer that will burn my lips even brighter for winter. Look, I’ve been playing with a traffic cone orange lipcolour since last year (MAC lipstick in Neon Orange- to be precise) and even though you might worry about receiving, “What were you thinking?” stares, instead you’ll get glances of thumbs up, trust me I’ve had the pleasure.
                                                                                                               
How to get the trend right

Keep the rest of your make-up simple: nude skin and lots of mascara, little else is needed.

If you’re medium to dark go for a vivid neon orange in a matte texture while fair complexions will look wonderful in a soft coral shade with a light sweep of clear gloss.

LnL loves the idea of pairing an orange lip with a sky blue nail colour. The combination of soft blue and orange will instantly freshen up your look no matter your complexion.

Will you be buying or binning this trend?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lameez!

    I'm really, really, REALLY into bright, bold lips right now. DOn't know if it's my longing for spring or the abundance of bright lips on the runway for SS2011.

    Anyway, wouldn't Morange be perfect right now?!

    ReplyDelete