lips need lipstick

January 10, 2011

Things that still have my heart in 2011

MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo. I never find a reason not to wear this post box red matte lip colour; it spruces up any outfit and will make any complexion look polished. Just when I think about experimenting with a new lipcolour, this bullet gives me that come hither look and I’m weakly applying it with my ring finger to forego a pretentious bold lip look and aim for more of a “look what I just threw on” vibe.  I’ve pondered about its irresistibility and concluded that it’s the “I’m not really on your lips” effect the un-drying matte texture has on me. 
Chloe Eau de Parfum.  Who doesn’t like the sound of these words, “WOW, you smell amazing!” It’s the start of every conversation when I wear this fragrance (pretty much every time I leave the house). Subtle enough so that it never tires my sense of smell; a non-traditional feminine floral with a daring radiance that will never allow the fragrance to be classified as “too girly”. A definite winner to draw everyone’s attention.
My love of Leighton Meester. Chuck Basss might be afraid to say those three words, eight letters, but I am not. I LOVE YOU! No, it’s not because you’ve broadened your acting span by temporarily ditching the Upper East Side for the country(side) with your hyped appearance in Country Strong or landed a deal to be the face of a new Vera Wang fragrance (it was only a matter of time) or even cozied to the Missoni’s to be the labels new face (there's definitely something Margarita-ish about you).
It’s simply because your lush tawny curls always look covetable while your shamefully flawless skin oozes effortless chic-I think they call it natural beauty. I have a feeling you’ll be hitting more beauty heights in 2011 Queen B, and LnL will be watching. Did someone say minion? Who me? NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment